Friday, January 27, 2012

Taranis 3.1 / 3.2

When doing solo PVP in EVE you have to be willing to die.... a lot.

So fitting up a new Taranis I hit Amamake again looking for a fight. As before I was in a armour repping, afterburner fit, neutron blaster fit, ecm drone Taranis. Within a mine or two I was engaged with an incursis near the sun. Unfortunately he was kiting me. Try as I might I couldn't get withing 10km to put an overheated scram on his MWD. All the while his rail-guns were pounding me. After about a minute my ECM drones must have worked since he lost point, and I decided to give up and warp off.

Not much to say here except I need to get better and forcing the fight to be within scram range. Loosing a t2 frigate to a t1 frigate would have been embarrassing. I am not sure if my choice to fit ECM drones saved me, or cost me a kill. With ECM drones I was able to break his point and escape, however combat drones would have given me some DPS against him at range. I suspect however that if combat drones were hurting him he would have been able to simply warp off at will.

Since I was kited once, why not try again.

An hour later, same place I engaged a Scythe Fleet Issue. I believe this ship is the single least flown ship in the game according to CCP. And like the incursis I was engaged at range :(. Since he was around 40km from me I aligned and prepared to warp. However I lingered to see exactly what he would do. I figured that as long as he was over 30 km from me I was safe. He pointed me at around 34km. Ooops. I don't know if it was some serious faction point or an off-grid boosting loki, but I knew I was screwed.

I tried the same tactic as with the incursis. Off went my drones to attempt to jam him. No luck. Soon he was joined by a hurricane and a Talos. The chase did last for a bit as they couldn't quite hit me for full damage. However every once in a while the Talos ripped me a new one and, never succeeding in jamming the Skyth, I died.

2012.01.23 05:01:00

Victim: Toterra
Corp: Walking Dead Pilots
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Taranis
System: Amamake
Security: 0.4
Damage Taken: 2725

Involved parties:

Name: Liang Nuren (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.00
Corp: Heretic Army
Alliance: Heretic Nation
Faction: None
Ship: Talos
Weapon: Ion Blaster Cannon II
Damage Done: 2005

Name: Az Tek
Security: -10.00
Corp: Heretic University
Alliance: Heretic Nation
Faction: None
Ship: Scythe Fleet Issue
Weapon: 720mm 'Scout' Artillery I
Damage Done: 720

Name: tiberiusric
Security: -10.00
Corp: Comply Or Die
Alliance: Shit.Happens
Faction: None
Ship: Hurricane
Weapon: 425mm AutoCannon II
Damage Done: 0

Destroyed items:

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 160
Damage Control II
Light Neutron Blaster II, Qty: 2
Small Ancillary Current Router I, Qty: 2
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 260 (Cargo)

Dropped items:

1MN Afterburner II
Small Diminishing Power System Drain I
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 80
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Armor Repairer II
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Null S, Qty: 800 (Cargo)
Light Neutron Blaster II



Both of these fights resulted in the same lesson. I need to engage at 0. If I can't do that I had better gtfo.

1 comment:

  1. Or fly dual prop! Tough against frigs but great against cruisers like the Scythe.

    ReplyDelete